June 9, 2010

The next film from James L. Brooks changes its title as well today!

Must be something in the water...here's the story from The Playlist:

James L. Brooks' romantic comedy starring Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon previously untitled and then known as "How Do You Know?" has once again undergone a name change.

Brooks has revealed to Vulture the film is now going by the title "Everything You've Got" though quickly added that the revolving door hadn't stopped yet and "there might actually be a third title coming soon... Titles make me nuts. I have a terrible time with titles.”

The latest iteration derives from a line by Witherspoon as she confesses to Rudd that "I mean, if you can't give everything you've got to whatever your doing right now, then you'll never be able to give everything to anything," a line that evidently resonates with Rudd.

"Two people meet on the worst nights of their lives," Brooks adds of the story. "And they’re being tested by adversity. I think the thing about life is, most of us reach that point where life can't be the same when this thing happens. It's just then when you have to give everything you've got and pray that it’s enough.”


The film also stars the likes of Owen Wilson and Jack Nicholson and is currently in post-production and is set for release on December 17th.


-This is definitely a film I'm looking forward to...thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. None of those titles are great, but that seems to be why it's in flux, after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd agree that finding the right title for a film is one of the most difficult things to do, at least for me, so I understand where Brooks is coming from.

    I, too, am looking forward to this film, which could maybe even result in some more serious work for the likes of Owen Wilson and even Paul Rudd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a sometimes screenwriter who always struggles to find a title, I'm sure never to be harsh about a title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And same here, I'm looking forward to this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m sure it´s gonna be a great movie. James L.Brooks has not directed many films, but they all are great films: Terms of endearment, Broadcast news, As good as it gets.
    Maybe at the oscars...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's hope so...Spanglish was a slightly weaker effort for him, last time out. That being said, I love As Good As It Gets...

    ReplyDelete