November 1, 2007

DIGGING INTO: Clayton Davis


Clayton Davis is undoubtedly one of The Oscar Igloo's pillars and here's your chance to know more about him... Leave your questions!

>Name: Clayton Davis

>Birthday and Age: July 1, 1984

>Location: Between Bronx, NY and Union County, NJ

>Education: B.A. Communications and American Studies, Minor in Theology, St. Peter’s College

>What is it about the Oscars that you love so much? “Besides the unpredictability? The history of cinema as we know it and love of all aspects of filmmaking are enriched in those 2-4 hours of bliss.”

>Future Aspirations: I’m a teacher which is one dream achieved. Besides that, a writer for entertainment publications with plans of working on films of my own. I want my own Oscar on my mantle.

>Your favorite Oscar winning film of the 80 years: Forrest Gump

>In your opinion, biggest Oscar snub: Nearly impossible to answer because there are so many: For a nomination, somewhere between Sean Astin for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and Maia Morgenstern for The Passion of the Christ. Winner would be between Clive Owen for Closer and Diane Lane for Unfaithful.

>Hobbies: “Movie watching, poetry, writing, traveling, being with family and friends, looking for Mrs. Right and just being as happy as possible.”

>Predicted Best Picture nominees for 2007:

Atonement

American Gangster

Sweeney Todd

Juno

Into the Wild

>Single, married, engaged, etc? Single ;)

>Most embarrasing moment? “In college there was a break-in in my dorm building and I was taking a #2 in the community bathroom. Police proceeded to come in and knock on my stall and ask me for my college ID. I showed them from underneath. Yep, pretty embarrassing.”

>Favorite films of all time: Dead Poet’s Society, Forrest Gump, American History X, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, American Beauty, Chicago, Philadelphia, The Lion King, Good Will Hunting, Big.
>Favorite actors and actresses. Actor: Russell Crowe, Tom Hanks, Edward Norton; Actress: Sandra Bullock, Kate Winslet, Marisa Tomei

>Anything you would like say to your fans and readers: “Without readers, we’d just be a couple of crazy people thinking one is smarter than another. Now, we’re just crazy people who thinks one is smarter than one another but you’re witnessing it. Thanks, I love you".

>Besides yourselves, your favorite Igloo writer: Johnny Alba for predictions, Danny West for style and Tom Houseman for his articles.

>Your favorite Oscar predictor out there: Kris Tapley is pretty good at making ballsy calls but it’s the Oscar Igloo Team that I love to read. I guess I’m biased.

5 comments:

  1. I love reading your reviews. Very insightful and entertaining.

    BTW...you're HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I feel like the belle of the ball. I never realized I was so popular :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'm not the only one who felt Sean Astin was completely snubbed for LotR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris Tapley is a bit of a douche, I prefer The Igloo, OscarWatch (Awards Daily) and AndtheWinnerIs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. to Ryne:

    Astin was a huge snub. I have no idea how a great performance like him went unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete