August 12, 2008

Not Much To Speak Of On The DVD Front

A pretty barron week for DVD this week, as the PICK OF THE WEEK wins by default, though it also happens to be a pretty good film:
Smart People
This film has me at Ellen Page, but the entire cast is top notch and this film is well worth a view for those who like humorous character studies
-Also out are movies like the prison film Felon, American Mall, and How The Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer, and none are really worth anyone's time.
-My vintage pick this week will be a double dish, mainly since so little else is out there. First, if you like bizarre cartoons, pick up the 5 seasons of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's not for everyone, but those who like it, love it. Also, for the less risky among us, I'm throwing out there the completely unseen and essentially direct to DVD Matthew Perry film Numb. It's a really good character study, so if you see it in stores, pick it up (or rent it).
-Anything you guys want to watch this week?

2 comments:

  1. One thing that came out this week that I ended up renting was CJ7, a chinese family film from Stephen Chow.

    While the movie looks ridiculous and kind of stupid, I was a huge fan of Shaolin Soccer, and I enjoyed Kung Fu Hustle, so I decided to give it a shot. I haven't watched it yet, but I will let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete