June 1, 2008

Coming Soon, Too Soon, or Not Soon Enough?

Howdy all, Joey here. Since it's officially June (though it doesn't seem like it considering I have class tomorrow morning) I figured now was as good a time as any to see which summer films everyone is anticipating/dreading.
Everyone knows the usual suspects for the big summer releases, but I'll quickly go through some of the remaining releases and seperate them into the categories of anticipating or dreading...
Anticipating
Get Smart (loved the TV show, this looks almost as fun)
Wall-E (in line to be the best Pixar film ever?)
Hancock (please be better than I Am Legend)
The Wackness (could be the breakout indie of the year)
Hellboy 2 (seems good enough so far)
The Dark Knight (Batman!)
Mama Mia (cheaper than Broadway)
The X Files (can't suck too much)
Swing Vote (Kevin Costner looks alright in this)
Pineapple Express (could be the funniest movie of the year, plus I love David Gordon Green)
Tropic Thunder (so wrong, it must be right)
Hamlet 2 (silly indie comedy, but looks good)
Vicky Christina Barcelona (the Woodman always gets my hopes up)
Dreading
You Don't Mess With the Zohan (though Judd Apatow's presence gives me a bit of hope)
The Incredible Hulk (be nice if this is good, but I won't hold my breath)
The Happening (see The Incredible Hulk)
The Love Guru (I feel like Mike Myers is past his sell by date)
Wanted (just doesn't do it for me, not sure why)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (3-D...oh my)
Deathrace (Speed Racer with more violence, still not good enough)
Meet Dave (Eddie...what can we do with you?)
Step Brothers (just not getting my hopes up)
The Mummy 3 (never loved the first 2)
How bout you guys?

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to clone wars and the dark knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clone Wars could be cool...not sure yet....but Dark Knight of course

    ReplyDelete