April 20, 2009

The Da Vinci Code series moves closer to being a Trilogy

From Variety:

While Columbia Pictures is prepping for the May 15 release of the Ron Howard-directed Tom Hanks-starrer “Angels & Demons,” the studio will move quickly to get the ball rolling on the third installment of the franchise.
Dan Brown has announced that his next installment of the “Da Vinci Code” series is “The Lost Symbol,” which will be published in the U.S. and Canada by Doubleday on September 15, 2009. The first print run will be a whopping 5 million copies.
Sources said that Brown has completed his manuscript.
The announcement was made by Sonny Mehta, chairman/editor in chief of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group.
“This is a great day for readers and booksellers,” said Mehta.
It is not a bad day for Columbia Pictures, either, which has another continuing global franchise to go along with “Spider-Man.”
-One can only assume Tom Hanks and Ron Howard will soon be locked up...these movies never interested me, despite my love for Hanks and evolving respect for Howard...how bout you?


  1. Nope, no interest. The last one was one hour too long. Plus, the books are overrated if you ask me.

  2. No, all four books so far are acually very good, if you take them in the context of what they are, just fiction fantasy thrillers.
    Having said that the da vinci code (film) was rubbish, i'm not interested in the next one, but will be interested in the next novel though.


  3. Wow, what an interesting developm- oh that's right, I don't care.

  4. For me these books and films are unadulterated movie fun. I love that they put a different spin of conspiracy on organsied religion, and I love they upset so many people. As films, I really, really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code and am hanging out for Angels and Demons.