March 15, 2009

Noah Baumbach's new flick gets some casting out of the way

From Variety:

Director Noah Baumbach has set a trio of thesps to star alongside Ben Stiller in the dramedy "Greenberg" for Focus Features.
Rhys Ifans, Brie Larson and Juno Temple have joined the pic, which Scott Rudin is producing.
Penned by Baumbach, story centers on a New Yorker (Stiller) who moves to Los Angeles to housesit for his brother and figure out his life. He ends up having a relationship with his brother's assistant (Greta Gerwig).
Ifans will play Stiller's best friend, who is going through a divorce. Larson will play Stiller's college-age temptation, and Temple will portray her buddy.
Shooting will begin later this month.
-I love his work, so I will be following this...how bout you?

3 comments:

  1. I loved Margot at the wedding, which is the only Baumbach movie I've seen, so I'm very interested in what he does next.
    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me 2, though I feel like everyone shits on it...it was about as good as Squid and the Whale...and better than Kicking and Screaming

    ReplyDelete