May 12, 2008

On "The Road"

I read here that the Road is coming out in late November. I'm currently reading the novel, and if done right, it could be a force to contend with come Oscar season. It was written by Cormac McCarthy (No Country for Old Men), and is currently being directed by John Hillcoat (The Proposition). Also, the book won a Pulitzer for Fiction. And the cast is not too shabby.

So is there any reason why the Road isn't getting more love from critics and movie lovers? Please let me know. Heck, even Oprah liked the book.

Let's just blame Oprah for now. But, it's my sleeper nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. Us over at Oscar Obsession are in full support. I'm wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it will be another Oscar nom for Viggo Mortensen at least. :)

    ReplyDelete