July 10, 2009

Today's Posters: Brothers, Jennifer's Body, It Might Get Loud, and (500) Days of Summer

Today we start with what is my favorite Poster so far this year, this amazing one for Jim Sheridan's Oscar hopeful, Brothers:
Next is this decently cool one for Jennifer's Body:

Then we have a new look at the rock documentary It Might Get Loud:


And finally we wrap up with a new Poster for a film I think is going to be a big hit and a possible Oscar dark horse, (500) Days of Summer:


Thoughts?


7 comments:

  1. Wow, if the film is as artistically brilliant as the poster, Brothers is going to be amazing. The use of empty space is what impresses me the most.

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good poster for Brothers, but I gotta say I still like the one for Cold Souls more.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Brothers poster is only ok...personally I'm getting a little sick of character drama posters being very similar with the people look down or embracing each other with a white background.

    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Brothers" poster is completely fine, "Jennifer's Body" poster is smart (even though the film looks terrible to me), and I actually really like the "(500) Days of Summer" poster.

    As for its Oscar chances, I understand why people are comparing it to "Annie Hall", but I really don't think it has much of a chance. Having said that, I think the film looks great, and JGL as always looks like he's bringing another great performance to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the dynamic portrayed in the Brothers poster. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete