February 19, 2008

American Idol Day 1 Episode 1: Top 12 Boys

Well, I know its Oscar week and we all anxiously waiting on the results on Sunday. But since we based Academy Idol off the popular television show and tonight was the 1st night the Top 24 performed, I thought it only appropriate to comment on them.
The Top 12 Guys went tonight and this is how I feel they were based on ranks (By the way, it was 60s night and their allowed to use instruments if they want)
  1. David Archuelta, 17, Murray, UT: This kid has got it and looks very promising on this show. I see him in the Top 3 already.
  2. Michael Johns, 29, Buckhead, GA: This Australian born singer has the Chris Daughtry flavor but with less arrogance.
  3. Jason Castro, 20, Rockwall, TX: The only guy to use an instrument tonight gave a cool rendition of a 60s song I can't remember. LOL.
  4. Robbie Carrico, 26, Melbourne, FL: Florida boy who claims to be a rocker but used to sing pop and tour with Britney Spears is not too shabby. Reminds me a bit of Bucky Covington.
  5. David Cook, 25, Blue Springs, MO: This other rocker may be better than perceived this evening. I see him in the Top 12 easy.
  6. David Hernandez, 24, Glendale, AZ: He kicked off the night but turned out to be just okay. But he does have one of the better voices of the guys but with the wrong song.
  7. David Noreiga, 18, Azusa, CA: This very flamboyant 18 year old sang Jailhouse Rock and nearly killed it but had great energy. He did insult Simon a bit, in his own way.
  8. Colton Berry, 18, Staunton, VA: This theater guy also sang an Elvis number, "Suspicious Minds" and turned into something listenable, just not incredible.
  9. Jason Yeager, 28, Grand Prairie, TX: Jason who? His song was really boring and his kid looks like he's something out of the Addams Family. (I know thats mean) I don't even remember what the judges said and I think he was about to cry when they said it.
  10. Chikieze Eze, 22, Inglewood, CA: He has the coolest name out of the guys but the worst fashion sense ever. Orange suit, no way man. His song sucked too.
  11. Luke Menard, 29, Crawfordsville, IN: Another one I can barely remember, who the hell are you anyway. I don't even remember him auditioning. I remember starting to count the tiles on my friend's kitchen floor in the middle of his performance.
  12. Garrett Haley, 17, Elida, OH: This kid is so creepy because he smiles too much and he looks like he just rose from the dead. Worst of the night. Hope he won't be our new Sanjaya! (even though Sanjaya was a guilty pleasure.)

Predicted Elimination: Chikieze & Garrett

Top 12 girls go tomorrow with results on Thursday! Stay tuned and remember to visit the Writer's Staff's Who Will/Should Win Special on the MainSite.

No comments:

Post a Comment