February 23, 2008

Juno hits BIG with the Indies

List of Winners of the Independent Spirit Awards:

Best Supporting Male
Chiwetel Ejiofor, Talk To Me

Bests First Screenplay
Diablo Cody, Juno

Best First Feature
The Lookout

Best Supporting Female
Cate Blanchett

John Cassavetes Award
August Evening

Best Foreign Film
Once

Best Male Lead
Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Savages

Best Screenplay
Tamara Jenkins, The Savages

Best Documentary
Crazy Love

Best Cinematography
Janusz Kaminski, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Robert Altman Award
Todd Haynes, Laura Rosenthal and the cast of I’m Not There

Best Director
Julian Schnabel, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Best Female Lead
Ellen Page

Best Feature
Juno

3 comments:

  1. Juno was just ok for me...
    I´d give it a 7,5...
    Ellen Page was cute and a wise-crack, but quite frankly, I just can´t compare her to Julie Christie or Marion Cotillard... they´re just in another league...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for the rewards that went to:

    The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
    I'm Not There
    The Savages
    The Lookout
    Once

    And Ellen Page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here Ally.

    I really, really loved Juno and would give it like a 10. Also I can't compare Page's performance with Cotillard’s or Christies, they are all so different. Ellen Page rocked her role, no doubt about, but I think Cotillard will win tonight.

    ReplyDelete