December 9, 2008

Need I Say What's on DVD This Week?

Like it's any shock to people, my PICK OF THE WEEK is absolutely going to be one of the best films of the year:
The Dark Knight
It simply redefined what a blockbuster could be. It's the 2nd highest grossing film of all time currently, so I think I'm not alone in my adoration for this flick. Stop reading this and buy it now!
-Also out we have the fascinating documentary Man on Wire, which could be headed for Oscar glory in the coming months, Horton Hears a Who!, which is a pretty decent retelling of the good doctor's classic kiddie tale, and the dance flick Make It Happen, which shockingly enough, does not in fact make it happen...
-My Vintage pick also makes quite a bit of sense this week. It's Batman Begins, so set aside a 5 hour block of your day and see the (as of now) complete take on the caped crusader that has made Nolan a god to so many film fans.
-Will you be watching The Dark Knight this week?

4 comments:

  1. regular or Blu Ray for TDK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought one of each, the special edition regular for my family, the Blu Ray for me to watch on my PS3 in my dorm/apartment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man on Wire is a shoo in for Documentary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought both the blu-ray and the dvd of The Dark Knight, as well as LOST Season 4 on blu-ray, The Day The Earth Stood Still special edition on blu-ray, and The Shawshank Redemption on blu-ray.

    My vintage pick, of course, was exactly the same as yours. Batman night!

    ReplyDelete