December 10, 2007

New York Film Critics Awards

BEST FILM
No Country for Old Men
BEST DIRECTORS
Joel and Ethan Coen (No Country for Old Men)
BEST ACTOR
Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)
BEST ACTRESS
Julie Christie (Away From Her)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone)
BEST SCREENPLAY
Joel and Ethan Coen (No Country for Old Men)
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Robert Elswit (There Will Be Blood)
BEST DOCUMENTARY
No End in Sight
BEST FOREIGN FILM
The Lives of Others
BEST ANIMATED FILM
Persepolis
BEST FIRST FILM
Sarah Polley (Away from Her)
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Sidney Lumet
SPECIAL CRITICS' AWARD
Charles Burnett (Killer of Sheep)

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I'm thinking that the critics won't be influential int he best picture race this year.

    Similar to 1996.

    My Best Pics predicts.

    No Country for Old Men -Won't win
    Juno-May be the winner
    Atonement-May be the winner
    Sweeney Todd- Won't win
    The Kite Runner-Won't win

    Alt. Michael Clayton or Hairspray

    I'm getting the feeling that the race will be between Atonement & Juno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about No COuntry, Nick. I'm thinking it will be between Atonement, Sweeney and maybe Diving Bell.

    Juno has definitely been loved by everyone and I think it's definitely the little picture that could. I'm just not sure about it winning. But you never know. I wouldn't be unhappy if it won.

    ReplyDelete