February 2, 2008

PGA Predictions

Tonight, The Producers Guild of America will announce their winners. The nominees are:
The Diving Bell & the Butterfly
Juno
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood
No Country for Old Men is definitely the undisputed frontrunner right now, but watch out for Paul Thomas Anderson's oil epic story, There Will Be Blood to make a sneak attack. Jason Reitman's Juno has a fair shot as well to make a play here. The PGA did go for Little Miss Sunshine last year so a Juno win isn't out of the question. Michael Clayton's FYC Ads are hard at work and they pushing hard for it. You never know. Who do you think will win?
Predicted Winner: No Country for Old Men
Spoiler: Juno

4 comments:

  1. I think No Country will win, but Juno could walk away with it. Last year Little Miss Sunshine won, and Juno is better than LMS, and could walk away with the award.

    I also think Ratatouille will win, and Sicko, in their respective categories.

    *Fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been checking out Oscar Igloo for a couple of years now - and always enjoying what i read. I saw Juno last night (things come out more slower out here in Sydney, Australia) which has prompted me to comment for the first time.

    Jono - if this this overated, extended version of Dawson's Creek comes away with awards over any of the other great films this year then I will be very disappointed. Yes it has good elements but frankly it bored me to shut my eyes. Seriously when have you heard a 16 year old come out with so much crap?

    As Juno was not ready to be a mother I am not ready to classify this as anything other then ok. Perhaps I am just too sentimental and all I could see/hear was CJ in the Wite House Press Room:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Country for Old Men won the PGA. This film is mowing down the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Country for Old Men basically won the oscar now.

    ReplyDelete