October 26, 2009

Ricky Gervais will host the Golden Globes!

Here's the article in Variety:

Ricky Gervais has signed to host the 67th annual Golden Globe Awards, marking the first time the kudofest has had a host since 1995.

In a statement, Gervais said he felt the show offered him “free reign.”

“Not only is this the biggest Hollywood celebration of the industry which includes both film and TV, but also an environment where I feel I can get free reign as a host,” said Gervais. “I have resisted many other offers like this, but there are just some things you don't turn down.”

Nominations will be announced December 15. This year's show will be broadcast live from 5-8 p.m. (PT) and 8-11 p.m. (ET) from the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

-Good pick to me...thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Anything that Gervais does is a great thing. Although I was hoping he'd hold out on hosting duties and save it for the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All depends on who they get for the Oscars...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very happy with Hugh Jackman again, but my heart wants Billy Crystal to return.

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete