January 7, 2008

An Awards Show By Any Other Name....

hi all, Joey here...another of my random musings....if we indeed do not have a Golden Globes telecast, and perhaps not even an Oscar telecast, will that matter that much to people? I know I greatly enjoy watching the shows, but I know plenty of people who care less. The majority of the awards leading up to the endline aren't televised and don't seem to bug people to much.

My question to everyone...will you guys think any less of this year if you don't actually see the Oscars on television and only read about the winners somewhere (hopefully on this site wink wink nudge nudge say no more)?

I personally will be a bit bummed out that I don't get my big night, but i'll still appreciate the winners and bemoan the losers that deserved to win.

How bout y'all?

2 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed by the no go on the GG awards, and even more disheartened at the prospect of no oscars. I think the writers can be proud of themselves, as this is becoming more impactful every day. But at the same time, I hope they're happy that they've ruined some of their fellow artists' chances at finally getting up on that stage, a moment they all dream for. I for one am especially disheartened due to the fact that Depp is 99% guaranteed his overdue GG award, and he wont get to give an aceptance speech. He's probably thanking the god, as he's really shy, but like Scorsese last year, everyone would love to hear Depp finally give an acceptance speech. Oh well, guess we'll have to go withouth GG awards, but hopefully the tides will give a favorable turn and give us our big night =]

    ReplyDelete