January 26, 2008

SAG Awards: No Country for Surprises?

The SAG Award for Best Ensemble is usually a great Oscar predictor but what to do this year when out of the 5 nominees, only No Country for Old Men is hoping for Oscar glory.

The actors really went for the familiar faces this year and so, we have the Russell Crowe hits 3:10 to Yuma and American Gangster nominated along with Sean Penn's Into the Wild and of course, Hairspray (which makes Nikki Blonsky, Zac Efron, Elijah Kelley, Brittany Snow and Amanda Bynes first-time nominees).

Will No Country for Old Men continue its killer streak or Will Into the Wild get the recognition it will now never get at the Academy Awards?

Share your SAG Predictions!

4 comments:

  1. I would love it if Into The Wild would win. I would hate it if Hairspray won, not because I didn't think the acting was good, but it is no competition for the other nominees, in my humble opinion.

    Into The Wild had fantastic performances across the board, as did No Country For Old Men, so my bet is between those two for the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Marion Cotillard!!! I´m praying you become the winner tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you cant stop the beat baby, Hairspray is winningg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want Ellen Page to win.

    ReplyDelete