August 23, 2009

Today's News: Avatar Day has come and gone, Billy Bob Thornton to box in his next film, and more...

In the news:

James Cameron pimped his new film with Avatar Day, which was Friday and was a mixed bag, though ultimately successful in building buzz.

Billy Bob Thornton will next be teaming with writer/director Ron Shelton on a boxing film from the author of the book 'Million Dollar Baby' came from.

It appears that Zach Galifianakis has joined the cast of the upcoming comedy 'Dinner with Schmucks', also starring Steve Carrell, Paul Rudd, and Lucy Punch.

If you thought that Dino De Laurentiis wasn't producing as much as he used to...think again, as he's got a whole slate of movies coming.

Finally, writer/director Roger Avary has plead guilty to manslaughter stemming from a car accident that killed his passenger.

-Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I have to confess that in the days since seeing the trailer to Avatar I find myself feeling very disappointed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The extended preview whet my appetite for it, but I am less inclined to see it being a Best Picture nominee or anything now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just judging from the trailer, I'm not really looking forward to this movie. I don't think it has much chances for anything other than the technical categories. I actually enjoyed the trailer for The Wolfman and Youth In Revolt more than Avatar. Neither of the formers I was actully looking forward to until I saw their trailers.

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete