September 8, 2009

Was Tom Cruise almost in THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS?

Not quite, though it seems, according to this story, that he wanted to be and Terry Gilliam said no. Apparently since Cruise had no connection to the late Heath Ledger, Gilliam didn't want him to be one of the three alternate versions of Ledger's character, instead going with people who knew him (Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law) and "keeping it in the family".
-Interesting to know that Tom Cruise was looking at such diverse projects...thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I recently watched Collateral again, and he's such a good actor. It sucks that his personal life overshadows his ability. Like Michael Jackson, he's one of those stars I will always respect, but hate.

    I also think Gilliam made the right call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, I happen to be a huge Cruise fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a huge fan of Cruise, but I will admit he can act. Personally, though, I think there is nothing Cruise can bring to a film that a hundred other working actors in Hollywood couldn't bring. I am definitely glad he has nothing to do with Doctor Parnassus than this "might have been"!

    ReplyDelete