February 24, 2010

David Gordon Green adds a new project to his slate...

...one starring Jonah Hill, no less. Here's the story from The Hollywood Reporter:

Jonah Hill will star in and David Gordon Green is in negotiations to direct "The Sitter" for Fox. Michael De Luca is producing.

The irreverent comedy will harken to 1987's "Adventures in Babysitting." It follows a college student, suspended for the semester and living at home with his single mom, who has a night to remember when he gets talked into baby-sitting the eccentric kids next door: two boys and a wild 8-year-old girl.

The duo's involvement reinvigorates the comedy that originally began life as a spec by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka at Fox Atomic. The project consistently has attracted strong talent; Jonathan Levine was attached to direct it when it was at Atomic, and Zac Efron and Zach Galifianakis have circled it.

A fall start date is being eyed.

Hill, repped by WME and Principato-Young Entertainment, next stars opposite Russell Brand in "Get Him to the Greek," which opens June 4. The Sundance movie "Cyrus," in which he appears opposite John C. Reilly, bows July 9. He also voices a role in "How to Train Your Dragon," which DreamWorks Animation debuts March 26.

Green, repped by CAA and the Gotham Group, recently wrapped the Universal comedy "Your Highness," which stars Danny McBride, James Franco and Natalie Portman.

-I'm a huge fan of Green's movies, so I would like to see this, since it's an interesting sort of phase of his career that he's going through...thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. He hasn't made a bad film yet, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really starting to worry about the direction of his career, but I'll continue to watch his films as long as he makes them. I really liked Pineapple Express, but I thought his direction was nothing special. Hopefully he's just building up a bankroll and having some fun right now and will eventually get back to the kind of films that made him great. For now I'll just have to rewatch All The Real Girls and hold out hope I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that he's gone lighter in tone, but hey, whatever interests him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to rewatch "Pineapple Express", but I wasn't a very big fan of it on first viewing. However, I thought that above all the problems in the film (including too much Danny McBride), the direction was perhaps the strongest part of the film.

    I haven't seen any of his earlier films, but I was a big fan of "Snow Angels", which went way too far under the radar later on in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it helps as a recommendation, All the Real Girls was one of my top 10 of the decade...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, it sounds like a fantastic film, as does "George Washington", but I haven't gotten a chance to get around to them yet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fantastic. I'm not in love with George Washington, as it's a tad slow, but it's still very good.

    ReplyDelete