- Argentina, “El Secreto de Sus Ojos,” Juan Jose Campanella, director;
- Australia, “Samson & Delilah,” Warwick Thornton, director;
- Bulgaria, “The World Is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner,” Stephan Komandarev, director;
- France, “Un Prophète,” Jacques Audiard, director;
- Germany, “The White Ribbon,” Michael Haneke, director;
- Israel, “Ajami,” Scandar Copti and Yaron Shani, directors;
- Kazakhstan, “Kelin,” Ermek Tursunov, director;
- The Netherlands, “Winter in Wartime,” Martin Koolhoven, director;
- Peru, “The Milk of Sorrow,” Claudia Llosa, director.
January 20, 2010
The Shortlist for Best Foreign Film comes out...
...and here are the finalists for a nomination: