March 27, 2010

Is the director of 'The Reader' going to helm the final 'Twilight' movie?

It seems like he's just one of many Oscar-nominated directors that are being pursued. Here's the story from Worst Previews:

The fourth "Twilight" film will soon go into production and Summit Entertainment has been looking for a helmer to bring it to the big screen. Some of the named attached are Sofia Coppola (Lost in Translation, Marie Antoinette), Gus Van Sant (Milk, Good Will Hunting), and Bill Condon (Dreamgirls, Gods and Monsters).

Now, LA Times has learned that Oscar-nominated director Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot, The Reader, The Hours) has joined the list. This comes as no surprise, since the franchise has been able to attract lots of big names.

Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg is currently working on delivering a detailed outline to the directors. That should happen sometime soon. There is still no word from Summer whether the final film (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn) will be broken up into two parts.

5 comments:

  1. I actually hope one of them take it, because that series needs to become remotely watchable. I saw the first one with my girlfriend at the time and thought that it was just okay and then I saw the sequel last week when it came out on DVD and it was literally painful to watch. I know I will get dragged to see the rest of the series so I'm all for a change in director and direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I doubt any of them will put their stamp on it, but we shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of seem like odd choices but THERE HAD BETTER NOT BE TWO PARTS TO BREAKING DAWN.

    I'm not sure I could handle
    *SPOILER but who honestly is going to care?* the birth of Bella's freakish adult-baby named "Renesme."

    That is the stupidest name I've ever heard. And Stephanie Meyer made Bella have the last name Swan, could she have underlined the "transformation" any further and more obvious?

    I only know all this from my cousin telling me everything about the series so I wouldn't have to bother I swear, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As terrible as this news sounds, I don't mind any of them taking up this project for a little cash.

    Everybody deserves to have high-grossing blockbuster in their pockets..

    ReplyDelete