Nolan confirms he is acting as "godfather" for the Superman movie -- I can tell you that at the end of the day, he is acting as a producer and will likely be credited that way -- and talks about not only Superman but the third Batman movie.
Some choice tidbits:
- The Superman movie and Batman movie will not be linked in any way. "They have nothing to do with each other," Nolan says. (But where does that leave the Justice League movie?)
- The idea for the movie occurred when David Goyer and Nolan were at an impasse on the third Batman and Goyer ran his Superman idea by Nolan.
- The third Batman is the final chapter in the story that Nolan is telling. "The key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story,” he says. “And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story.”
- Nolan stays mum on villains, but says, "It won't be Mr. Freeze."
- The best line in the piece, by the way, came when when the intrepid reporter tried to find out who the Superman villains would be, to which Nolan responds, "That’s a very sly way of asking a question I’m not going to answer."