March 23, 2010

'Transformers 3' begins casting...

...and the initial results seem far too good for the material (at least to me). Here's the story from Deadline New York:

Michael Bay has added some quality actors to Transformers 3. He has set John Malkovich and Frances McDormand to join Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. McDormand will play a big role, the National Intelligence Director. Malkovich plays Shia's character's first boss. That promises to be interesting. Also aboard is Ken Jeong, from The Hangover. Pre-shoots start next month, and shooting is set for Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow and China.

-Thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. It's news items like this that make me slam my head against my desk in frustration.

    On a semi-related note, has anyone confirmed whether John Turturro will be returning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Michael Bay cast a woman in an important part who ISN'T a twenty-something buxom blonde? Wow, I'm impressed. What's next, a three-dimensional black character?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah woah woah. Slow down there. We can only ask so much of the man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea about Turturro, and Robert, you make your Bay related expectations far too high...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may be alone on this one, but I enjoy most of Michael Bay's films with a few exceptions. They're big, loud, dumb, and a lot of fun. Frances McDormand is one of my favorite actresses and I really am excited that she is participating in the third movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree that they're big, loud, and dumb...

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the current trend, I'd think that this Transformers would probably be 3-D, so maybe a three dimensional black character isn't far off after all...

    ReplyDelete