March 27, 2010

Roger Ebert's Film Festival announces its schedule!

What used to be his Overlooked Film Festival (and is now referred to as Ebertfest) has let loose with this year's list of films to be screened. The Festival's site can be found here, but this is what will be showing at the fest that mixes underrated recent films with classic ones:

Pink Floyd's The Wall
You, The Living
Munyurangabo
The New Age
Apocalypse Now Redux
Departures
Man With a Movie Camera
Synecdoche, New York
I Capture The Castle
Vincent: A Life in Color
Trucker
Barfly
Song Sung Blue

-Thoughts on the lineup?

5 comments:

  1. Odd that they're deciding to show the redux version of "Apocalypse Now", especially since I recall that Ebert prefers the original much much more.

    But, hey, at least they're screening one of the best films of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Synecdoche, New York...I'm going to have to see that movie again. Some of the smartest film critics working today (Roger Ebert, Nick Davis, Manohla Dargis, etc.) loved that film and I found most of it unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Synecdoche, New York = my favoritest film ever. However, I recognize that it's very much an acquired taste, and while some people are going to get it and love it, it's really not fore everyone. Still, I recommend watching it at least twice to really get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose this excludes me from that highest level of critic, but I was somewhat disappointed in it. Parts of it thrilled and delighted me, but overall...meh

    ReplyDelete