January 4, 2010

The Vancouver Film Critics Circle announce their nominees!

Take a gander:

Best Film
“The Hurt Locker”
“A Serious Man”
“Up in the Air”

Best Actor
George Clooney, “Up in the Air”
Colin Firth, “A Single Man”
Jeremy Renner, “The Hurt Locker”

Best Actress
Carey Mulligan, “An Education”
Gabourey Sidibe, “Precious”
Meryl Streep, “Julie & Julia”

Best Supporting Actor
Alfred Molina, “An Education”
Stanley Tucci, “The Lovely Bones”
Christoph Waltz, “Inglourious Basterds”

Best Supporting Actress
Vera Farmiga, “Up in the Air”
Anna Kendrick, “Up in the Air”
Mo’Nique, “Precious”

Best Director
Kathryn Bigelow, “The Hurt Locker”
Jason Reitman, “Up in the Air”
Quentin Tarantino, “Inglourious Basterds”

Best Screenplay
Mark Boal, “The Hurt Locker”
Jason Reitman, Sheldon Turner, “Up in the Air”
Quentin Tarantino, “Inglourious Basterds”

Best Documentary
“Anvil!: The Story of Anvil”
“The Cove”
“Food, Inc.”

Best Canadian Film
“I Killed My Mother”
“Polytechnique”
“The Young Victoria”

Best Actor in a Canadian Film
Xaviar Dolan, “I Killed My Mother”
Sebastien Huberdeau, “Polytechnique”
Stephen McHattie, “Pontypool”

Best Actress in a Canadian Film
Emily Blunt, “The Young Victoria”
Anna Dorval, “I Killed My Mother”
Nisreen Faour, “Amreeka”

Best Supporting Actor in a Canadian Film
François Arnaud, “I Killed My Mother”
Daniel J. Gordon, “Nurse. Fighter. Boy”
John Paul Tremblay, “Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day”

Best Supporting Actress in a Canadian Film
Lisa Houle, “Pontypool”
Miranda Richardson, “The Young Victoria”
Gabrielle Rose, “Excited”

Best Director of a Canadian Film
Cherien Dabis, “Amreeka”
Xavier Dolan, “I Killed My Mother”
Denis Villeneuve, “Polytechnique”

Best British Columbia Film
“Excited”
“Facing Ali”
“A Shine of Rainbows”

Best Foreign Language Film
“Broken Embraces,” Spain
“The Headless Woman,” Argentina
“Summer Hours,” France

Achievement Award for Contribution to the Film Industry in British Columbia
Nettie Wild
Leonard Schein

-Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Only having 3 nominees makes it a bit interesting, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. It sets it apart from the rest, and more weight is given to the nominated films/performances.

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting having only three nominees. Does anybody think Meryl can pull her third Oscar win this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she has her best chance in years, though I don't think she's the slam dunk that some people do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought she might have pulled one for Doubt, but Julie & Julia would be a more popular film and lighter subject matter.

    ReplyDelete