January 1, 2010

When we look back on 2009, what will be the movie we remember?

Essentially, what movie or movies will stand the test of time and either sum up the year or just be something that you keep coming back to? My guesses are that Avatar, The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, and Up in the Air will fit in there, to one degree or another. I'd throw out (500) Days of Summer, District 9, and Star Trek too, with Paranormal Activity as a wild-card, much like The Blair Witch Project in the last decade.
-What films will you remember?

6 comments:

  1. This will be an interesting post to look back on NEXT year, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely these films will stay in me for the rest of my life or something like that…

    A single man
    Crazy heart
    Up in the air
    Everybody’s fine
    An education
    Avatar
    Public enemies
    Nine as the big flop!
    (I mean I was really putting a lot of expectation on this film)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Up will be remembered--if only because it will be the second animated (1st computer animated) film to be nominated for best picture...

    ReplyDelete