December 20, 2009

Brittany Murphy dies...

From Variety:

Police are investigating the death of actress Brittany Murphy's Sunday morning in Los Angeles. The 32-year-old star of such pics as "8 Mile," "Clueless" and "Don't Say a Word" was found unconscious in the shower by her mother Sunday morning, according to various reports.

Her husband, writer-producer Simon Monjack, called paramedics and she was transported to Cedar-Sinai Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the Los Angeles Police Dept. is investigating the cause of her death, but the LAPD wouldn't say if criminal conduct was involved.

Murphy, born in Atlanta, started out in TV's "Murphy Brown" in 1991. Her other credits include 2005's "Sin City," 2004's "Little Black Book," 2003's "Uptown Girl" and "Just Married," plus 1999's "Girl, Interrupted." In "Clueless," she played Alicia Silverstone's perky sidekick, while in "8 Mile," she played...

perky sidekick to She did voice work on animated shows such as "Futurama" and "King of the Hill" plus pics like "Happy Feet." According to Imdb.com, she had a number of films in production including "Abandoned," "Something Wicked," "The Expendables" and "Shrinking Charlotte."

Her voice was featured in a 2006 single "Faster Kill Pussycat" from Paul Oakenfold's album "A Lively Mind." It reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club chart.

Her role in "8 Mile" led to more recognition, Murphy told the Associated Press in 2003. "That changed a lot," she said. "That was the difference between people knowing my first and last name as opposed to not."

Murphy credited her mother, Sharon, with being a key to her success.

When I asked my mom to move to California, she sold everything and moved out here for me," Murphy told the AP. "I was really grateful to have grown up in an environment that was conducive to creating and didn't stifle any of that. She always believed in me."

She dated Ashton Kutcher, who co-starred with Murphy in 2003's romantic comedy "Just Married."

Kutcher tweeted Sunday morning about Murphy's death: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine," Kutcher wrote. "My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."

-Rest in Peace...

3 comments:

  1. This is so sad. I can't believe it. I just can't. Watching Clueless would never be the same again. And I had so much hopes that for her to become a serious actress and get Oscar recognition. I really loved her regardless of the poor movies she did lately.
    Rest in Peace Brittany Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had actually just watched Clueless for the first time a few days ago...sad irony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't believe this, and don't want to. She was incredibly talented, and I loved to watch her work. I think she had amazing, and maybe even untapped, talent that could have taken her far beyond the films she was already known for. It's just such a huge shame. I hope she is at peace now.

    ReplyDelete