December 18, 2009

The critics from The New York Times submit their top 10's of 2009...

...even though they often don't stick to 10. Here they are:

A.O. Scott

1) Where the Wild Things Are
2) The Hurt Locker/In the Loop
3) Summer Hours/Of Time and the City
4) Up in the Air/Funny People
5) Bright Star/Medicine for Melancholy
6) Precious/Coraline
7) Avatar/District 9
8 A Serious Man/Anvil: The Story of Anvil
9) Goodbye, Solo/Sugar
10)Gomorrah/The Baader Meinhof Complex

Manohla Dargis (unranked, Top 13):

-Gomorrah
-Tulpan
-Summer Hours
-The Hurt Locker
-The Beaches of Agnes
-Public Enemies
-Beeswax
-Ponyo
-The Informant!
-Where the Wild Things Are
-Fantastic Mr. Fox
-The Sun
-Avatar

Stephen Holden:

1) Up in the Air
2) The White Ribbon
3) Still Walking
4) The Messenger
5) 35 Shots of Rum
6) The Hurt Locker
7) The Headless Woman
8 An Education
9) Summer Hours
10) Disgrace

-I gotta say, A.O. Scott loving Funny People as much as I do makes me smile...thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I never really got the whole "my top 10 is really a top 13" thing, but hey, far from me to judge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these the first lists to completely ignore "Up?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps, though I must confess, Up is not currently in my top 10 either (currently resides at number 16)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the Loop! (I'm back from the dead, sorry guys) . . .

    ReplyDelete