December 15, 2009

The San Diego Film Critics announce their awards and mix things up!

Here they are:

Best Film: Inglourious Basterds
Best Director: Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds
Best Actress: Michelle Monaghan, Trucker
Best Actor: Colin Firth, A Single Man
Best Supporting Actress: Samantha Morton, The Messenger
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds
Best Original Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Best Foreign Language Film: Il Divo
Best Documentary: The Cove
Best Cinematography: The Road
Best Editing: (500) Days of Summer
Best Production Design: Inglourious Basterds
Best Score: A Single Man
Bets Ensemble Performance: Inglourious Basterds
Body of Work award: Woody Harrelson for The Messenger, Zombieland, and 2012.

-I like precursors that go against the grain, and this one certainly did...thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Different can be good, and it was here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've had more qualms with a critics list than this one. Obviously I'm not on the Inglorious Basterds bandwagon. Not a Tarantino fan. I respect the quality of his work but I'm just vehemently against what he writes about. Even though I'm a huge fan of Anderson and Fox I still can't even agree with that. The one thing I LOVE though is the Woody Harrelson appreciation, saw Zombieland yesterday and LOVED it. Are there any other people out there who don't like Basterds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure there are, just not most of the people here (myself included, as it's in my top 5 of the year)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't say that I didn't like Basterds, but I didn't fall in love with it, and I am a HUGE Tarantino fan. However, I do think Christoph Waltz deserves the win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waltz was great I'll admit that... I haven't seen lovely bones so I can't really decide yet... but actually I think my favorite supporting actor is harrelson for messenger anyway but again waltz was great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't trust anyone that's not a fan of Tarantino :)

    ReplyDelete